Thai Chicken Ramen
Serves 4 to 6 People
This recipe is based on a
recipe on Pinterest
(on Pinterest, click on the photo, or on the button that says "halfbakedharvest.com" to see the full recipe).
It is really easy and quick to cook this, and it is absolutely delicious.
The main difference with my version is that you don't need an "instant pot" (I don't have one).
I use basil, not cilantro, because I hate the taste of cilantro, and I leave out the red peppers because Sheryl can't eat them (you can add more mushrooms to compensate).
- 3 cups fresh Baby Spinach, chopped into medium-sized pieces;
- 1/3 cup fresh Basil or Cilantro (coriander leaves), chopped into medium-sized pieces;
- 8 oz Mushrooms (and kind of fresh mushrooms are fine), sliced;
- 2 heaped teaspoons of Garlic-Ginger Paste (or 1 heaped teaspoon of Garlic Paste and 1 heaped teaspoon of Ginger Paste, or about 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of ginger powder);
- The juice of 1 Lime;
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (capsicum/paprika/sweet-peppers), cut into bite-sized pieces - I actually don't add these, because Sheryl can't eat them;
- 4 cups of Chicken Broth - I use 2 chicken OXO cubes dissolved in 4 cups of hot water;
- 1 can (500 ml) of Coconut Milk;
- 1/4 cup Thai Red Curry Paste - you can vary the quantity of curry paste according to your preference;
- 2 tablespoons of Fish sauce;
- 2 tablespoons of Honey;
- 1/3 cup of creamy Peanut Butter - you can use crunchy peanut butter, if that is all you have, or if you prefer;
- 1/4 cup of Soy Ketchup (Kecap Manis);
- 1 tablespoon of Peanut Oil, and 1 tablespoon of Sesame Oil;
- 3/4 lb Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless), chopped into small bite-sized pieces (suitable for eating with chopsticks);
- 250g of Ramen Noodles;
- Add all the ingredients, except the ramen noodles, to a large casserole dish;
- Heat until the broth starts to simmer, stirring occasionally, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes with a lid on;
- Slice (shred) the chicken into thin strips about 1 inch long;
- Once the broth has cooked for 10 minutes, add the ramen noodles;
- Simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (to separate the noodles);
- Garnish with a handful of peanuts and serve.