Penne al Arabiata
Serves 2 People
This classic Italian dish is very quick and easy to prepare. It is one of our emergency standbys, as we pretty much always have all the
ingredients in stock: I always have
rawit chilis (Thai bird's eye chilis)
in the freezer.
Penne Al Arabata
- Take one red rawit chili, slice it very thinly and then chop the slices finely.
- Start cooking enough Penne for 2 people (about 250 grams), in lightly salted water.
- Fry the chili on a medium heat in a saucepan, using about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, stirring regularly, until it just starts to brown.
- Add one can of chopped tomatoes, a cup of red wine, half a cup of tomato purée and a level teaspoon of garlic powder.
Stir vigorously until mixed
- Once the sauce starts to boil, reduce the heat and simmer.
- If the sauce is too runny, add more purée; if it is too dry, add more wine.
- As soon as the Penne is cooked, drain it and add it to the sauce, stirring until well mixed. Serve immediately, with some parmesan as garnish.