Mustard and Tarragon Chicken
Serves 2 People
I typically cook this several times per month to use on top of salad.
- About 3 teaspoons of olive oil,
- About 300 grams of chicken,
- 2 teaspoons of tarragon, fresh or dried,
- 3 heaped teaspoons of medium/mild mustard (in Germany, Mittelscharfer Senf; equivalent to American hot-dog mustard) - if you use stronger mustard, use less, and add extra olive oil
to prevent the chicken from drying out.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, and place in an oven-proof dish,
- Add the olive oil and stir in well (the olive oil helps to leach the flavour of the tarragon into the marinade),
- Add the tarragon and stir in well,
- Add the mustard and stir in well,
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for an hour or two (if you don't have time for this step, you will probably need to add more tarragon to get the right flavour),
- Remove from the fridge, remove the cover/lid, and bake in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.