Baked Feta and Tomato Pasta
Serves 2 People
This is the recipe from TikTok, created by Finnish food blogger Jenni Häyrinen, which she called Uunifetapasta (which apparently means oven feta pasta), so not
a genuine Italian dish.
It is very easy, and delicious. The total preparation time is about 50 minutes, although most of that is just unattended baking time.
The photos are taken from
review of the recipe on The Kitchn.
- 1 block of feta,
- 3 to 4 cups of cherry tomatoes,
- 1 cup of coarsely chopped fresh basil,
- 1 or 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic,
- Pasta (you can use any pasta – I used penne the first time I cooked this).
- Place the whole block of feta in a deep baking dish,
- Add the cherry tomatoes around the feta,
- Add a half to one tablespoon of olive oil, and stir to coat the tomatoes with the oil,
- Bake in the oven at 205°C (400°F) for 30 minutes,
- If the tomatoes start to burn, gently stir to recoat with oil and to turn the burnt sides to face downwards,
- Increase the oven temperature to 230°C (450°F),
- While the feta and tomatoes are finishing baking, cook the pasta in some salted water (it needs to be cooked when the feta and tomatoes are finished baking),
- Bake until the tomatoes have split (10 to 15 minutes),
- Take the feta and tomatoes out of the oven, add the garlic and basil, drizzle with some more olive oil, and stir thoroughly, breaking up the feta and tomatoes,
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it, but reserve about a cup of the pasta water,
- Thoroughly stir the pasta into the sauce, and stir in some of the pasta water (probably about half a cup, enough to make the sauce more moist),
- Serve (optionally with some grated parmesan to garnish).